Recently I made a homemade exfoliating scrub with strawberries that really worked well for my skin. Wondering why would you put fruit on your face? There are a few good reasons for doing this.
There are several reasons to use strawberries in a homemade exfoliating scrub:
- One of the many wonders of strawberries is the salicylic acid they contain. It has the effect of removing dead skin cells, reducing pores, and making the skin brighter.
- Very rich in vitamins and minerals (vitamin C, potassium, iron, sodium), strawberries exfoliate, remove impurities, and also reduce redness and swelling. Antioxidants from strawberries repair the skin by stimulating the production of new cells. Hence, the next big benefit of this fruit–its anti-aging effect.
- Strawberries are recommended for people with oily skin because of its astringent properties. The fruit improves skin texture and reduces excess sebum and oil. So if you want to refresh your skin, you can use this strawberry homemade exfoliating scrub recipe.
Strawberry Homemade Exfoliating Scrub Recipe
You will need only 3 ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
- 2 strawberries
1. Chop the strawberries in very small pieces or mash them.
2. Combine the brown sugar and the sweet almond oil.
3. Add the strawberries to the mixture and stir well.
4. Apply the scrub on the face and neck with soft, circular moves. Massage gently for 3-5 minutes and let the salicylic acid take action.
5. Wash your face with warm water.
6. Wipe it with a warm towel, then apply a facial moisturizer.
Please let me know if it works well for you!
Nothing makes your skin glow like a good exfoliating scrub made with natural ingredients. If you’d like to learn how to create more organic body scrubs like this one, download a copy of The Body Scrub Bible.
The eBook contains over 50 luxurious recipes made with natural ingredients that will leave your skin glowing. You’ll find recipes for body scrubs, facial scrubs, and even body butter. You won’t be disappointed with these organic recipes!