If you want to start preparing homemade cosmetic products, you should know that some of them (especially the ones made from fruits and vegetables) have a short shelf life. For example, a facial cleansing lotion made with sour cream or buttermilk will last for no more than one week if you keep it in the fridge. This is due to the fact that it contains only natural ingredients and have no preservatives added.
This is a good thing because you know that no chemical or other synthetic substance will touch your face. However, sometimes you may like to have a facial cleanser that you can keep in your bathroom so you can use it anytime without having to go to the fridge to get it.
The below recipe contains natural ingredients and, in addition Vitamin E oil which is a natural preservative increases the shelf life of any cosmetic product.
What You’ll Need:
- ¼ cup liquid baby soap/shampoo
- ¾ tsp avocado oil (or grape seed, sweet almond or even olive oil)
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp dried calendula flowers
- 8 drops essential oil (you will see below what kind of essential oil to use for your skin type)
- 6 drops (2 capsules) Vitamin E oil
1. Prepare an infusion by pouring the hot water over the calendula flowers.
2. Let it cool.
3. Strain the liquid and set aside.
4. Combine the rest of the ingredients and mix them well.
5. Add the calendula infusion and shake the container.
6. You may massage the cleanser with gentle moves on your face and neck or you can apply it by using a cotton pad.
7. Make sure you wash your face after using the cleanser, apply a toner and a moisturizer.
Which Essential Oil To Use?
For oily skin – lemongrass essential oil, tea tree or geranium (they have an astringent effect).
For dry skin – lavender essential oil, chamomile, rose essential oil or sandalwood essential oil.
For mature skin – neroli essential oil, jasmine, lavender.
You can store this facial cleanser for a few weeks.
If you’d like to learn how to create more organic DIY beauty recipes – plus tutorials that include how to get rid of wrinkles using homeopathic remedies, facial yoga exercises to make you look younger, and which carrier oils make your eyelashes grow — then download a copy of DIY Anti-Aging Beauty Secrets E-Book now.
These are 50+ all-natural, toxin-free recipes that really work. It reveals how you can make your own all natural organic products at home. Whether you just want to make a few goodies for your personal use or to give away to friends and family, this guide is for you!