If you wear makeup, finding a gentle organic makeup remover can seem like a never ending search. The best part about homemade cosmetics is that you can use one herb for many different recipes. The recipe below uses 3 ingredients from my cupboard and makes a perfect makeup remover or cleanser for sensitive skin.
Calendula Organic Makeup Remover Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- 1 tablespoon dried calendula flowers
- 1/2 cup hot water
1. Pour the hot water over the dried flowers and let steep for 10 minutes.
2. Drain the liquid and let it cool.
3. Use 1 part infusion and 1 part oil combination.
4. Place them in a dry container and shake well to mix.
5. Use a cotton pad to remove the make-up and impurities from the eyes and lips.
6. You may also use this cleanser for your face and neck.
7. Store in the fridge up to two weeks.
8. You may add 5-8 drops Vitamin E oil which is a natural preservative and will increase the cleanser’s shelf life.
Calendula flowers contain colloidal silver which is a very effective antiseptic. In addition, they have a calming effect.
Almond oil is often used for cleansing even alone.
Rosa Mosqueta oil can be used as a cleanser, but also for eyes. It is suitable for all skin types and has the ability to balance pH and vital functions of the skin, improves blood circulation, strong action of moisturizing the tissues, activating cellular metabolic processes and effectively combating free radicals.
It also presents the following characteristics: anti-inflammatory, decongestant, healing, antibacterial, antiviral, antiseptic and disinfectant and all those make it extremely useful for the various types of rashes, fungal infections, burns, scrapes or injuries.
Its action is smooth and delicate and may be used even on the most sensitive skin like children’s and infants’. Excellent results are obtained in the case of sensitive, dry, aging skin or spider veins.