Apple cider vinegar has a long history of cosmetic use. It is a restorative tonic for the skin, improving blood circulation to the capillaries that feed the skin and deliver oxygen, toning, maintaining elasticity, purifying and revivifying. It is a natural anti-fungal and an antiseptic.
Vinegar can have a positive effect on acne and itchy skin conditions such as those due to eczema or sunburn and eliminating fungal infections, warts and skin tags.
Apple cider vinegar is made by crushing fresh apples and allowing them ferment. The best quality apple cider vinegar is made with organic apples, allowed to mature in wooden barrels and retains the “mother,” which is a natural sediment. Apple cider vinegar should be a little cloudy with a rich amber color.
Apple cider vinegar contains natural enzymes, vitamins and minerals and is rich in antioxidants. It contains Vitamins A, B and C, beta carotene, bioflavonoids, calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, copper, iron, sulfur, iron, fluorine, silicon, boron and pectin. It naturally balances the pH balance of the skin and the entire body.
Apple cider vinegar boosts the immune system, fights bacterial infections and reduces inflammation. It makes an excellent astringent, even for sensitive or oily skin.
It can be used both externally and internally to benefit the skin. To use apple cider internally, drink approximately three tablespoons, twice per day. Since apple cider vinegar has a very strong taste, many people add honey or dilute it with water. Alternatively, some people prefer to take apple cider vinegar in capsule form.
There are many ways to use apple cider vinegar externally. Since it is a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial it is an excellent choice for fighting mild to severe acne. After your normal cleansing procedure, use a mixture of one part apple cider vinegar to one part water as an astringent. Gently dab it onto the skin with a cotton ball and let it dry naturally.
To remove skin tags, apply apple cider vinegar to the area three times per day. Bandage it and allow it to remain on the skin tag for, at least, fifteen minutes. Repeat this procedure until the tag falls off. Take care using apple cider vinegar near the eyes or other sensitive areas of the body.
To remove common warts with apple cider vinegar, soak a cotton all with apple cider vinegar and apply it to the affected area. Apply a bandage to keep it in place. Change the bandage, at least, once per day.
You may notice that the area begins to itch or burn a little, but do not be alarmed. The wart may turn black in a few days before falling off. Continue the treatment for three or four days after the wart is gone to prevent it from returning.
To treat skin affected by sunburn, psoriasis or other itchy skin condition, apply diluted apple cider vinegar to the affected areas using a cloth, cotton balls or gauze. Dilute the apple cider vinegar, one part of apple cider vinegar to approximately six parts of water.
Alternatively, you can treat skin conditions by adding apple cider vinegar to a bath. To bolster its healing properties, add herbs to create your own vinegar bath and skin tonic.
The following is a basic remedy that you can work from and modify to suit your own tastes:
- Heat a quart of vinegar. Add 1/2 cup or a little more chopped herbs, either fresh or dried. Store this mixture in a jar with a secure lid.
- If possible, keep it in a warm place away from direct ultra violet rays.
- Shake the bottle twice per day for two weeks
- At the end of two weeks, strain the mixture using a sieve or a coffee filter.
If you have a particularly attractive bottle that you like, place a sprig of herb inside the bottle. Tie a ribbon around the neck of the bottle and you have a decorative bath item or a gift.
- Especially for itchy skin: Combine calendula, comfrey and red clover tops.
- For tired skin: Combine lavender and rosemary.
To promote skin elasticity:
- Combine lemon grass and geranium.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cups of vinegar to a bath.
- Splash your herbal vinegars on your skin as a healing and firming tonic.
Without a doubt, apple cider vinegar is one of the most effective and versatile skin remedies. It is also has valuable properties as a cosmetic for the skin. It is also extremely economical and has many other applications to health and beauty.
Related Posts :
Recent search terms:
- apple cider vinegar skin care
- apple cider vinegar for skin care
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Face
- lemon and apple cider vinegar skin
- is drinking apple cider vinegar good for skin
- is apple sider vinigar good for the skin
- is apple cider vinigar good for itchy skin
- how to use apple cider vinegar on face
- bragg apple cider vinegar benefits for skin
- apple vinegar for skin care